Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude

Seems like an appropriate day to say thank you to you all. I'm so, so, so grateful to the MFY community and for our little Sangha (sacred community) which feels hidden away, private and special. I'm so grateful to our team of amazing teachers and the community of amazing Yogi's that have helped create this space!


We all know how transformative Yoga can be when we let go of ego based striving and "embrace the flow." I wanted to share this email I got from a student yesterday, her email subject line was "Gratitude," My ego doesn't need serving, I know I'm in my flow and love to teach, but it awesome to see students be transformed by opening themselves to the process. Nothing brings me more joy or gratitude to me as a teacher than to be witness to this kind of flow.


"Dear Jaime, Just want to tell you how thankful I am to have you as a teacher- you have really rocked my world in such a positive way and I am so thankful! I've had many teachers since my first Bikram class back in 1998, but you bring everything I've ever craved/needed/didn't know I needed together into this crazy harmony that just works for me. I joined your studio almost a year ago (my first class was last year on my bday- what a gift!) and I can't tell you how thankful I am for it! Your classes, blog, music choices (as a Dead Head, I love that you play the Dead in class), the knowledge you share- First Greens, biokleen, yoga nidra, reading the Bhagavad Gita, transferring yoga into life (I swear I'm able to breathe through running, difficult situations, LIFE better now) has all helped me be in a better place today than I was a year ago. It's funny, I started writing down mantras to put up as reminders of how to get through the breakup I was going though this time last year and I remember asking Tara to remind me of one she said in a class back in January or February- Letting go of that which does not serve you- Letting go of the idea that the past could have been different, and then I incorporated that into you saying that we do yoga to learn how to breathe through the difficult situations in life, right and then you've been saying that we need to cultivate openness by clearing out the monkey chatter so that we can be open to the transformation we need, to stop the negative thought patterns- holy sh*t, this has been so helpful. Your classes have been the best gift I could have asked for! I've been super nervous about this time of year- it just brings up a lot of pain around the breakup, but I am so thankful for all you have taught me and helped me realize that I feel so prepared to get through my bday and the holidays and just breathe and enjoy. Svaha!So, thank you Jaime for being who you are and for sharing so much!"
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment